3 Easy Ice Cream Recipes To Try At Home
You don’t have to be a pro to make your own ice cream. Homemade ice cream is incredibly delicious, and it’s also surprisingly easy to make! Don’t own an ice cream maker? No problem! You won’t need to purchase an expensive ice cream machine for any of the following recipes below. Plus, you can control exactly what goes into your dessert and experiment to create a custom flavour sure to please you and your family!
Whether you prefer a scoop of simple vanilla or a rich chocolate sundae, here are a few fun and easy recipes you need to try!
Tips for Delicious Homemade Ice Cream
What is the best kept secret to delicious homemade ice cream? Quality ingredients ofcourse! Besure to include fresh, quality ingredients to maximize the best tasting dessert.
When it comes to ice cream, milk is the most important ingredient. Not only does it taste fantastic, it also helps to create that irresistibly smooth, creamy texture.
To find high-quality milk, head to your local farmers market or consider having fresh milk delivered to your door. This way, you can support your local farmers and receive all the great health benefits that milk offers. That’s a win-win!
1. Chocolate Ice Milk Sundaes
These mouthwatering chocolate sundaes are sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next family-get-together.
To prepare ice milk:
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and cocoa. Slowly whisk in milk and vanilla extract until dry ingredients are dissolved and no lumps remain
- Pour mixture into 8×8 baking pan. Freeze for approximately 1 – 1/2 hours or until nearly frozen
- Using a sharp knife, make shallow cuts in the surface and cut into chunks. Transfer to food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a resealable container. Freeze for 2 – 3 hours or until firm.
To prepare the sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Stir in coffee.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let cool slightly and stir in vanilla extract. Serve over scoops of ice cream.
2. Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (No Equipment Required!)
Yes, you read that right – you can make ice cream without any equipment. All you need is a bag and the following list of ingredients you can find right at home! There’s a lot of shaking and tossing required, so be sure to get the kids involved.
This method imitates the churning effect of an ice cream maker by shaking ingredients around in a tightly sealed plastic freezer bag. It creates a creamy, frozen consistency in just 5-10 minutes with only a few simple items: a plastic freezer bag, ice, and salt.
Wondering how it works? Here’s the science behind it: salt lowers the freezing point of ice, so when you combine the two, it quickly creates an icy solution. This cold solution absorbs heat from the milk mixture, causing it to freeze and turn into ice cream.
Shaking the bag breaks up large ice crystals, creating a smoother and more uniform texture – so don’t skimp on this step!
- In a bowl, stir together milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the quart-size plastic bag. Seal the bag tightly and remove any trapped air.
- Mix ice and salt in the gallon-sized bag.
- Put the sealed quart-sized bag in the gallon-sized bag.
- Securely seal the gallon-sized bag without leaving air inside.
- Shake and massage the bag vigorously for 5-10 minutes, or until the liquid has hardened.
- Remove the small bag and serve your ice cream! (If you want a firmer consistency, put the bag into the freezer for a little while.)
3. Strawberry Ice Milk
This sweet and simple recipe is perfect for a strawberry lover! Plus it’s easier to think of this dessert as healthy!
- 1 quart of 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups strawberry syrup
- Combine milk, vanilla, and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly. Do not let it come to a full boil.
- Cook until reduced about 1/4 inch or so. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the strawberry syrup to the milk mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Transfer to an 8×8 glass pan or a large metal mixing bowl. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Remove and stir thoroughly. Return to freezer. Repeat for about 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want homemade ice cream without the hassle of making it yourself, check out the delicious options available from our clients. For more than 20 years, companies like Kawartha Dairy and Straus Family Creamery have been producing high-quality ice cream using only the best ingredients.
If You’re Looking for Custom Ice Cream Packaging, Stanpac Has the Solutions You Need
With 70 years of experience, Stanpac is a global leader in the dairy food packaging industry. We pride ourselves on producing the most unique, high-quality packaging for a range of ice cream and dairy products.