Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 75 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Brenham Texas and Totowa New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 60 days, a 401k matching program, Paid Vacation, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career.
We are currently seeking a Fusion Press Operator to join our Brenham facility.
7pm-7am 12-hour Night Shift on a continental rotation.
Salary/Wage: up to $27/hr based on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Operate flexo press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Perform all required duties and checks as outlined on Changeover Checklists to prevent a product mix.
- Assist in trouble shooting operational equipment in his/her area.
- Required to attend meetings as requested.
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Secure materials needed to run machine
- Work effectively with other departments to maximize efficiencies and ensure safety
- Scan barcode prior to running print job and use computer to print label for finished goods material
- Follow all safety procedures, attend monthly safety meeting
- Comply with HACPP, SQF and GMP relating to packaging environment
- General housekeeping for work area
- Complete required paperwork of Press tasks (quality checks, job set-up, etc.)
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous flexo press Printing experience (1-2 years)
- Ability to colour match
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble-shoot mechanical issues as they arise on the Press
- Ability to move large rolls of paper and load onto press
- Can work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Texas from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
Work Location: In person