Mechanical Engineering Technician
STANPAC is a dynamic and innovative Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. If you’ve recently graduated from a Mechanical post-secondary program, this may be the opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician to join our team.
As a member of the Engineering Team, you are a well-rounded, mechanically-savvy individual who will participate in on-going engineering projects throughout the company.
- Assist with daily project tasks to ensure all functional, budgetary and timing requirements are achieved at all Stanpac Facilities
- Assist in the evaluation, purchase, installation and commissioning of production and support equipment and processes
- Process optimization for operations activities
- Provide technical assistance to operations and maintenance personnel as required
- Conduct all work according to Stanpac policies and procedures
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel outside of Canada
- Periodically work outside business hours as deemed necessary by the manager in order to meet project deadlines
- Other projects and assignments as deemed necessary by manager
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate excellent mechanical knowledge
- Previous experience in design and fabrication an asset
- Previous experience working with Solidworks and AutoCAD Software
- Some previous project management experience is considered an asset
- Candidates must enjoy hands-on approaches to tasks and not be afraid to diagnose issues and troubleshoot resolutions
- Must be a team player
- Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to show versatility in day-to-day tasks
- Must have a post-secondary education in a Mechanical field
- Some experience is a benefit but not a requirement; recent graduates are encouraged to apply to this opportunity
- Full time hours in a clean production facility
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- RRSP matching up to 3% after 12 months
- Referral Bonus ($250 gift card when your referral hits their 2 month anniversary)
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank you for your application, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Note, accommodations can be made for all parts of the application process. Applicants requiring an accommodation must make their needs known in advance. Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer.