STANPAC is a dynamic and innovative Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. If you’ve recently graduated from a Mechanical post-secondary program, this may be the opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Level 3 Mechanic to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enforce all company safety rules and policies, and constantly looks for improvement opportunities and compliance
- Exceptional knowledge of entire operations, works to improve machine efficiency, reduce scrap, and improve quality of our Product and Processes
- Review maintenance Logbooks for repeat issues and develop action plans to reduce/eliminate repeat failures. Lead team to perform FMEAs on repeat failures to confirm root-cause analysis and that permanent corrective actions have been performed
- Ability to troubleshoot all interruptions/stoppages throughout all manufacturing processes
- Ensure that the shift operates in a cohesive manner
- Share your knowledge to coach, teach, mentor, and develop all Mechanics and Production Technicians in their development and progression
Job Requirements and Skills
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Al least 2+ years experience of proven capacity or formal education in a related field (Manufacturing, Millwright, Engineering, etc)
- Leads the team through difficult situations
- Is well respected and appreciated by colleagues, proven leadership qualities
- Competencies in all areas of production to sustain up-time and meet production targets
- Ability to work in teams with good communication skills
- Able to work rotating shifts
Other Desired Attributes
- Creative “out of the box” thinker
- Strong organization skills and able to prioritize tasks
- Professional attitude and remains calm under pressure
- Understanding of machine shop equipment (Mills, Lathes, Welders, etc)
- Full time hours in a clean production facility
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- RRSP matching up to 3% after 12 months
- Referral Bonus ($250 gift card when your referral hits their 2 month anniversary)
Interested applicants can submit a resume online, to our email at email@example.com, or come in and see us directly at 2790 Thomspon Rd. in Smithville, we’re old school that way!
Note, accommodations can be made for all parts of the application process. Applicants requiring an accommodation must make their needs known in advance. Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer.