Stanpac has an immediate opening for Junior Maintenance Technician/Mechanics to join our team. Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a mechanical environment.
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
Hours: Ability to work continental shifts (12-hours)
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
• Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
• Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
• Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
• Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is required
• Strong mechanical and technical understanding
• Ability to deal with uncertainty; troubleshooting skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Basic electrical experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
• Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
• Must have reliable transportation
• A full-time career opportunity with the possibility of advancement
• Extended health and dental benefits after 6 months of employment
• RRSP Matching up to 3% of wages after 1 full year of services
• Enrollment in corporate discount programs after 3 months
• Attendance Bonuses
• Employee Referral Program ($200 gift card when a referral hits their 2-month anniversary)
• Company Picnics, team-building, and more!
***Wages will be determined based off of previous experience and education.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
For those interested in applying, please submit your resume online OR Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Road, Smithville. We’re old school that way!