Die Cut Operator
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years! Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirits markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging!”
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for Die Cut Operators to join our team.
Shifts:Weekly rotations (Midnights, Afternoons, Days)
Hours:Midnights – Sunday to Thursday 11PM-7AM, Afternoons – Monday to Friday 3PM-11PM, Days – Monday to Friday 7AM-3PM
Requirements:This job is performed in a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment
- Own CSA approved steel toed boots
This position is not close to any public transit. Applicants must have reliable transportation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsible for the performance of machine tasks in the set up, maintenance and operation of die-cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and determine where adjustments are needed
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment
- Maintain records of daily production
- Sheet feeding and alignment
- Performs quality checks
- Complete product changeovers and associated tool/die changes
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with relievers and lead hands
- 2-5 years previous Bobst operator experience working in a production/manufacturing environment an asset
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Some previous demonstrated mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Full time hours in a clean environment
- Extended Health and Dental benefits after 6 months full time work
- Employee referral program ($250 Gift Cards when your awesome friend or family members hits their two month anniversary)
- RRSP matching up to 3% after 1 year
- Company picnics, team building, and more!
For those interested in applying, please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd., Smithville!
Accommodations can be made for all parts of the application process. Candidates must make their needs known in advance.