Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities in our company, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is for a Systems Administrator Technical Support. This is a permanent Full-Time position.
Day Shift, Monday to Friday with On Call in the schedule.
Overtime and weekends may occasionally be required
Purpose of the Role:
- As a part of the ITS Team, you will be responsible for managing IT infrastructure and administrating the corporate information systems.
- As a part of the ITS Team, you will be responsible for delivering support to users. The target is to record incidents and resolve some of them. Those unresolved should be passed to senior team members after investigation.
- You will also be working as a team member to implement and develop improvements to the information systems
Responsibilities and Duties
- First/Second level support for Office software and hardware incidents. First level support for telecom and network incidents.
- First level support for incidents related to in-house applications (After appropriate training).
- Handling IT incidents and requests received via telephone, email or Help Desk application.
- Incident logging through the Help Desk application and managing/prioritizing workload.
- Remote user administration and systems administration.
- Day to Day system administration and co-ordinating with other team members to ensure the efficient operation of IT Systems and Networks
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Diploma of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service training is highly desirable.
- Good technical background.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of hardware configuration.
- Good knowledge of user account administration, (Active Directory, Exchange). Knowledge of networking infrastructures.
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Experience in a critical real-time production environment. Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in an end user-based environment, with a customer focused can-do attitude.
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly.
- Ability to recognize/categorize priority problems for the business and escalate where appropriate.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a pressured environment. Willing to work variable shifts including occasional work outside regular business hours.
- Completion of IT related certifications.
What will help you perform the job?
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment when going onto the plant floor (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time, and weekend shifts occasionally required
- Must be able to join On Call rotation for support outside of regular business hours
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.