Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Software Developer is in our Information Technologies Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift
*Overtime and on call as needed
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development and customization of software solutions: Web Application Development, SQL Server Reporting Services, Event Receivers, Workflow, SharePoint Designer, Metadata and Content Type configuration, User interface development.
- Ability to work with third-party SharePoint solutions and other industry tools as needed.
- Working with Microsoft Office product suite.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Post-secondary education in computer related field.
- Experience in software application development, web-based applications with C#
- Knowledge of relational database concepts. (SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of client-server concepts and web services including IIS and Apache.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Azure DevOps or Team Foundation Server.
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET MVC Framework and C#.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft stack of products.
- Superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Those with familiarity with the Visual ERP would be preferred.
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.