Shipper/Receiver/Material Handler Hamilton Location
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Shipper/Receiver/Material Handler to join our team.
Shift: 12 hour days (possibility of 8 hour shift rotation in the future)
Job Type: Full Time
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to ensure orders are picked and shipped safely, accurately, and in a timely fashion
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift 30 – 50lbs repetitively p
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Forklift role within a busy manufacturing area
- Current forklift certification is preferred
- Assure raw materials, WIP and finished goods are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition as per established work instructions
- Perform inventory counts, order materials and arrange shipments as required
- Pick, stage and load orders, and arrange for proper paper work completion
- Support other departments (Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Shipping, Parts, Brockton, etc.) as necessary
- Maintain excellent safety and quality records
- Contribute to an atmosphere of continuous improvement in all areas, focusing on safety, quality and production efficiencies, both within the Logistics Department and Stanpac as a whole
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with all Stanpac policies
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years forklift experience.
- Previous shipping experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure within competing deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with co-workers..
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- New Vacation Policy!
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.