Shipper/Receiver – Hamilton Warehouse
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Shipper to join our team. Interested candidates please note, this position operates out of our Hamilton Warehouses, not our Smithville locations.
Shift: Rotating between 8 and 12 hour shifts (days/afternoons only)
Job Type: Full Time
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely operate a forklift.
- Accurately pick, stage and ship customer orders.
- Complete all shipping paper work accurately.
- Independently maintain and update all shipping schedules.
- Work with shipping office staff, drivers and outside carriers to ensure the shipping process is carried out in a timely fashion.
- Assist with organization of all materials within the warehouse (including facilitating FIFO.)
- Perform inventory counts and investigate/correct any inventory issues.
- Support all other departments and warehouses on shipping related tasks.
- Facilitate communication between all Stanpac locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all Stanpac policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years forklift experience.
- Previous shipping experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure within competing deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with co-workers.
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be co