STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Printer to join our team.
Shift: MAD rotation (Midnights Sunday – Thursday, 11PM-7AM; Afternoons Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM; Days Monday – Friday 7AM-3PM)
Job Type: Full Time
Wages: Negotiable based on experience and education**
Purpose of the Position: Our Printing Department prints packaging for both our ice cream Cups and Lids Departments at our Smithville location. The Smithville Printing Department also supports operations for our Texas and New Jersey locations. The ideal candidate will set up or operate various types of printing machines, such as offset, litho, or screen printers to produce print on paper or other materials.
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Oversee operation of offset press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Work effectively with other departments to maximize efficiencies and ensure safety
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to the press
- Follow all safety procedures, attend monthly safety meeting
- Comply with HACPP, SQF and GMP relating to packaging environment
- Coordinate internal service repairs or maintenance
- Coordinate outside service vendors when needed
- Complete required paperwork of Press tasks (quality checks, job set-up, etc.)
- Communicate with Heidelberg press team members to ensure press runs efficiently
- Previous offset press or printing experience (1-2 years)
- Lithography experience an asset
- Good leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of 2-5 team members on a daily basis
- Ability to colour match
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble-shoot mechanical issues as they arise on the Press
- Ability to move large rolls of paper and load onto press
- Can work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs.
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
- New vacation policy in effect!
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.