Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Recruitment Coordinator is in our Human Resources Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
Salary/Wage: Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations in your application by April 9, 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes recruiting requirements by following organizational plans and objectives and meeting with managers to determine their staffing needs
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Pre-screen and coordinate all interviews
- Manages new hires by determining schedules and start dates with management and gathering employment documentation
- Performs Orientations, finalizes the on-boarding process and administers WHMIS and Health & Safety training as required
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, employment agencies, colleges and internet sites
- Participates in local job fairs and recruitment events
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects (like collection of employee feedback)
- Perform other tasks as required
Do You Have What It Takes?
- At least 1 year of previous recruitment experience in Manufacturing (an asset)
- Business Administration Degree or Diploma (focus on Human Resources preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (not required but is an asset for this position)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Works efficiently within competing deadlines
- Comfortable wearing required Personal Protective equipment
- Recruiter will regularly be on the production floor to provide tours and evaluate job requirements
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.