STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
Required Shifts: Rotating Shifts (8 Hours moving to 12 Hours in the future)
Job Type: Full-time
Rotations – 7AM- 3PM- Day Shift, 3PM- 11PM, 7PM-7AM- Night Shift. Shifts rotate every two weeks with two weeks of paid on call weekends every six weeks.
Responsibilities and Duties
The purpose of this role is to ensure compliance with all company food and safety policies and procedures and ensure that completed product is of good quality and within specifications.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures regarding food safety standards (SQF Code) throughout the manufacturing facility
- Audit production and packaging processes to ensure compliance with product specifications
- Assist with coaching and quality training of production personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot anti-mix detection systems (vision and barcode systems)
- Maintain all controlled document including forms, SOPs, notices, etc.
- Work collaboratively with members of the production department to verify these are maintained and any required modifications occur and are approved.
- Perform inspections of products at both the plant and warehouse located off site.
- Work directly with production management and supervisors to address any quality or safety concerns.
- Participate in safety initiatives and improvement measures completing all related documentation.
- Provide assistance to the Quality Manager and Coordinator for projects related to research and development, production technology, and quality control.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations and Company Policies
- Perform inspections of health and safety equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of the Stanpac Health and Safety Manual and forms
- Ensure all employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment with a Quality or Safety role an asset
- Organizational skills- strong time and task management skills
- Work independently
- Strong computer skills
- Be detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs)
- Own CSA Approved steel-toed boots
- Driver’s License- This position is not close to any public transit. Applicants must have reliable transportation
- Must reside within one hour of the facility- in order to respond when on call in timely manner
What can Stanpac Offer You?
- Full time hours in a clean and friendly production environment
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- Company picnics, team building and more!
- Employee Referral program ($250 Gift Card when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2-month anniversary)
- RRSP Matching up to 3% after 1 year
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted