Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Quality Technician is in our Quality Department. This position is a Permanent Full-Time position.
*12-Hour Bi-weekly rotating continental shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM). Overtime and On Call may be required. The ideal candidate would be able to work the full continental rotating schedule.
Wage: to be discussed during pre-screen
Purpose of the Role:
The Quality Technician will be responsible for the inspection of both work in process and finished products.
- Entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written and/or electronic form (quality inspections, specification measurements, etc.)
- Supporting production with the creation and distribution of quality and food safety related documentation (i.e., work instructions, quality, food safety, and production related forms, quality and safety alerts)
- Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Observing and providing training for quality and food safety related tasks such as food safety and quality checks, product changeovers, cleaning and sanitization
- Inspecting and auditing process and products to verify compliance within standards
- Following production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and food safety
- Ensuring the examination of all production quality documents since the previous shift and ensuring any concerns are addressed appropriately
- Collaborating with production in order to seek continuous quality improvement
- Collecting and keeping retained samples from the lines when appropriate
- Working closely with personnel from production on a daily basis to guarantee the compliance of the quality checks
- Recording good movement on company inventory system (e.g., adjusting stock, placing product on hold, releasing/transferring product in system based on disposition)
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company standards or regulations
- In case of issues or defects, working with the production team and other supporting departments to determine and implement corrective actions to avoid the reoccurrence of defects
Specific Requirements of the Role:
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colour
- Ability to see details and quickly compare similarities and differences
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance
- Food manufacturing experience an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of HACCP/SQF or SFI an asset
- Experience with computer systems/Microsoft Office/Cognex In-Sight an asset
- Degree or diploma in Science related field
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.