Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Production Supervisor is in our Lid Forming Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time position.
12 Hour Continental Rotating Shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
Wage: To be determined, based on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct shift operations assuring efficient production of quality products in accordance with process and product specifications, meeting financial objectives, complying with contractual and customer requirements.
- Establish and maintain safe and healthy working conditions and environment. Enforce safety rules and regulations. Ensures compliance with legislated requirements and foster environmentally sound waste management practices.
- Direct the plant level production function. Endorse and implement manufacturing cost savings program to effect continuous improvement.
- Endorse, justify, administer and manage the shift operating budget. Analyses performance against plans, taking corrective steps to attain shift efficiencies and financial objectives.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the shift, including provision for selection and development of employees, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, disciplinary action, organization of goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the shift
Do You Have What It Takes?
- 2-5 years of experience in production environment.
- 1-2 years of supervisory or quality management experience in a production environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and employee tracking systems
- Strong written communication skills to complete shift and quality reports.
- Experience with coaching and developing team members
- The ability to assess and develop team member skills as needed
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated supervising employees
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can work well under pressure
- Must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional teamwork skills
- Proven track record of good attendance, reliability and positive attitude
- Have strong demonstrated leadership and Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.