Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is in our Lid Cutting Department as a Production Opertator. All production openings are Permanent Full-Time positions.
*8 hour bi-weekly rotating shifts. Nights 11pm to 7am, Afternoons 3pm to 11pm, Days 7am to 3pm
Salary/Wage: Starting at $17.50/hour with advancement opportunities and a bi-weekly attendance bonus for eligible full-time team members!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of Lid Cutter Machinery (Minster, OIC, LC3).
- Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Perform changeover of applicable equipment and provide accurate detail to mechanics regarding equipment problems.
- Identify quality issues or concerns and bring these to the attention of the Lead Hand, Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager for appropriate action.
- Ensure tags and labels of products match to ensure proper products are being sent to customers.
- Function as a packaging team member with additional equipment setup and troubleshooting responsibilities.
- Ensure equipment is running at the correct run rates.
- In conjunction with Maintenance, diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic problems and expedite repairs.
- Continually develop skills and progress to increasingly more complex maintenance tasks.
- Follow acceptable industry practices to develop basic electrical and strong mechanical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Key Player in training future new team members on equipment set-up and basic troubleshooting.
- Support team members to deliver expected business results.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Lead/and or participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure raw materials are properly loaded into the machine.
- Maintain production and quality records throughout the shift.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Excellent attendance is a must.
- Previous Machine Operation experience is essential.
- Great attitude and ability to work in a team environment is mandatory.
- Self-starter and ability to prioritize.
- Solid understanding of a production environment required.
- Mechanically inclined persons with an understanding of troubleshooting processes are desired.
- Good hand eye coordination, and ability to work at a fast pace.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Ability to use a computer an asset.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good attention to detail.
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.