Production Machine Operator
Production Machine Operator (Cup Forming)
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for Production Machine Operators to join our team.
Shift: Bi-weekly MAD rotation (Midnights Sunday – Thursday, 11PM-7AM; Afternoons Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM; Days Monday – Friday 7AM-3PM)
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all cup forming machines you are assigned to. Operators typically run 2-4 machines but this may shrink or grow as demands change.
- Ensure cup forming machines are producing quality product by communicating with co-workers and Quality team frequently.
- Make necessary adjustments to cup forming machines within scope of training and communicate these adjustments with Maintenance when needed.
- Prepping cup forming machines for flavour changes, tool changes, and communicating this with the department Supervisor or Lead hand.
- Conduct roll changes with a co-worker and ensure cup forming machine has sufficient materials to run.
- Relieve co-workers for break when possible and as needed
- Assist the Lead Hand in the proper requests for WIP material to complete orders in accordance with the machine schedule.
- Assist in any other way required where it aids in keeping your machines running with the safest operation, highest product quality and least amount of downtime.
- Ensure department mechanic is notified in a timely manner when unable to resolve issues with the machine.
- Ensure housekeeping on the floor is up to standard.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to walk and stand for 8-12 hours (Shift depending).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a production environment required.
- Previous Machine Operation required.
- Must possess a great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Must have exceptional attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good hand eye coordination, and able to produce high quality work in a timely fashion.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Mechanically inclined persons preferred.
- Ability to use computer programs.
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
- New vacation policy
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.