Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Printing Press Feeder is in our Printing Department.
12 Hour Continental Rotating Shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
*please note that these shifts may change in the future due to new machinery being implemented within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
To support the print department by ensuring Printers are sufficiently maintained with materials to run and meet the client requirements.
- Ensure paper is loaded into the feeding-end for running jobs, as well as maintain paper and ink supply throughout the job run.
- Mount plates and cylinders and make appropriate adjustments.
- Operate various machinery as required (related to printing)
- Meet customer requirements by completing relevant checklists, cleaning the press and working effectively with other departments to satisfy order details
- Troubleshoot mechanical and computer issues as they arise on the press
- Complete required paperwork accurately with high attention to detail
- Share relevant and pertinent information with the team by remaining in constant communication with the print team
- Assist with all other associated printing duties
Do You Have What It Takes?
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Mechanically inclined Able to trouble-shoot machinery issues that may arise
- Able to operate hand carts, pallet jacks, stackers and hydraulic feed mechanisms
- Working knowledge of computers with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks within a deadline-driven environment
- Works well within a team and communicates effectively with all team members
- Can adapt well to ever-changing situations
- Great attendance
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, push, pull, climb, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
- Able to deal with changing workload and conditions
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.