Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 60 days, a 401k matching program, Paid Vacation, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career.
We are currently seeking multiple candidates to join our Printing Department in Brenham. The following roles are entry level roles working with our state-of-the-art food packaging manufacturing equipment. These roles are full time and permanent. Successful applicants will be invited to discuss these opportunities further in an interview setting.
Available Opportunities and Shifts:
- Delta/Van Dam Operator (1) 11pm-7am
- Slitter Operator (1) 11pm-7am
- Blanker (1) 3pm-11pm
- Fusion Helper (1) 7pm-7am COP Schedule
Wage: $13-$18/hr based on experience and position considered for
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform set up inspection looking for leaks or broken parts on the machine.
- Confirm work orders and required job details.
- Gather necessary materials to perform work orders such as paper rolls and or laminate rolls.
- Set up machine using main control panel and ensure proper positioning of machine components.
- Confirm details of work order match machine set up.
- Trouble shoot problems with the machine as needed while running work orders.
- Communicate with maintenance and shift leader as needed about machine break downs.
- Replenish materials as needed such as paper rolls, laminate rolls, glue, & Ink.
- Complete roll changes as necessary.
- Monitor quality of product and maintain quality checks.
- If quality issues are found determine the best procedure to eliminate the issue.
- Maintain clean work environment including inside and around machine work area.
- Perform lock out tag out as necessary.
- Perform shut down cleaning duties of machine and work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Experience in a fast-paced production environment an asset.
- Experience with machine operation an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Well organized.
- Willingness to share opinions and expertise to solve problems.
- Positive attitude with a focus on customers and co-workers.
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift.
- Ability to adapt to a hot climate and noisy conditions.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Texas from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.