STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Deckhand/Feeder to join our team!
Shift: 8 Hour Rotating Shifts (Midnights 11PM-7AM, Afternoons 3PM-11PM, Days 7AM-3PM)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Starting at $16.50 /hour with room to grow
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
Responsibilities and Duties
To support the print department by ensuring machines are sufficiently maintained with materials to run and meet the client requirements.
- Ensure machine has sufficient materials, including but not limited to paper and ink to meet customer requirements
- Install plates on the press
- Operate various machinery as required (related to printing)
- Meet customer requirements by completing relevant checklists, cleaning the presses and working effectively with other departments to satisfy order details
- Be able to troubleshoot mechanical and computer issues as they arise on the press
- Complete required paperwork accurately with high attention to detail
- Share relevant and pertinent information with the team by remaining in constant communication with the print team
- Assist with all other associated printing duties
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Working knowledge of computers with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks within a deadline-driven environment
- Able to trouble-shoot machinery issues that may arise
- Works well within a team and communicates effectively with all team members
- Can adapt well to ever-changing situations
- Able to consistently lift up to 50lbs
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.