Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Packaging Technician is in our Cup Forming Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time position.
8 Hour Rotating shifts (Midnights: Sunday – Thursday, 11PM-7AM; Afternoons: Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM; Days: Monday – Friday 7AM-3PM)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all ice cream cup forming machinery you are assigned to
- Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Perform changeover of applicable equipment and provide accurate detail to mechanics regarding equipment problems
- Identify quality issues or concerns and bring these to the attention of the Lead Hand, Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager for appropriate action
- Function as a packaging team member with additional equipment setup and troubleshooting responsibilities
- Ensure equipment is running at the correct run rates
- In conjunction with Maintenance, diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic problems and expedite repairs
- Continually develop skills and progress to increasingly more complex maintenance tasks
- Follow acceptable industry practices to develop basic electrical and strong mechanical troubleshooting capabilities
- Key Player in training Production Associates on equipment set-up and basic troubleshooting
- Support team members to deliver expected business results
- Perform additional duties as required
- Lead/and or participate in process improvement initiatives.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Excellent attendance is a must
- Great attitude and ability to work in a team environment is mandatory
- Solid understanding of a production environment required
- Mechanically inclined persons are desired
- Ability to be on your feet for 8-12 hours (Shift depending)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Good hand eye coordination, and ability to work at a fast pace
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a computer
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.