Mechanical Engineering Technician
STANPAC is a dynamic and innovative Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates! We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician with 3-5 years experience to join our team.
Job Type: Full Time
As a member of the Engineering Team, you are a well-rounded, hands on, and mechanically-savvy individual who will participate in on-going engineering projects throughout the company.
- Must enjoy practical work and technical activities, and possess a mechanical aptitude
- “Hands on” ability is essential to operate equipment for process development, improvements, and product trials
- Possess mechanical aptitude with the desire to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Must be familiar with routine maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostics techniques associated with mechanical systems and equipment
- Participate in the installation, repair, and maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices for mechanical equipment
- Investigate mechanical failures and equipment problems
- Assist with daily project tasks to ensure all functional, budgetary and timing requirements are achieved at all Stanpac Facilities
- Assist in the evaluation, purchase, installation and commissioning of production and support equipment and processes
- Process optimization for operations activities
- Perform diagnoses in manufacturing setting
- Provide technical assistance to operations and maintenance personnel as required
- Conduct all work according to Stanpac policies and procedures
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel outside of Canada
- Periodically work outside business hours as deemed necessary by the manager in order to meet project deadlines
- Other projects and assignments as deemed necessary by manager
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate excellent mechanical knowledge
- Previous experience in design and fabrication an asset
- Previous experience working with Solidworks and AutoCAD Software
- Some previous project management experience is considered an asset
- Candidates must enjoy hands-on approaches to tasks and not be afraid to diagnose issues and troubleshoot resolutions
- Must be a team player
- Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to show versatility in day-to-day tasks
- Must have a post-secondary diploma in a Mechanical field (1-2 year college programs are preferred)
- 3-5 years experience is preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.