Maintenance Supervisor – New Jersey Location***
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in New Jersey!.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Totowa, New Jersey
Wage: Determined based on education and experience
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure daily operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments; standard troubleshooting
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Oversee a team of Maintenance Mechanics and ensure daily priorities and tasks are assigned
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- works to improve machine efficiency, reduce scrap, and improve quality of our Product and Processes
- Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools; preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management of parts inventory
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset – Packaging and Forming experience is ideal
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- At least 4+ years experience of proven capacity or formal education in a related field (Manufacturing, Millwright, Engineering, etc)
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Ability to deal with uncertainty; troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Relevant electrical experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Company events and team building
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online to jobsUSA@stanpacnet.com
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.