STANPAC is a dynamic company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With facilities in Canada, Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanics to join our team!
We are currently looking for team members to join our team for an 11PM-7AM shift.
Wage: Starting wage will be determined based on education and experience
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment and takes corrective action
- Makes necessary adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Reviews production schedule to accommodate necessary changeovers or scheduled maintenance
- Monitors Cup Forming machines during production hours and run cycles
- Tests equipment following repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
- Schedules preventative maintenance checks
- Communicate to production staff about recurring equipment malfunctions and provide corrective action solutions; request parts/supplies as needed
- Support the efforts of the maintenance department by providing input of ideas and feedback to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist in the continual development of procedures and processes for the various machines within Stanpac.
- Interact effectively with all team members as well as managers, supervisors and machine operators within other departments.
- Comply with all procedures and processes required within the functions of the maintenance department, i.e. including but not limited to the full and accurate completion of forms, checklists, inventory parts pulled/returned, etc.
- While on shift ensure all pertinent information is shared within the maintenance team and as appropriate with the production staff.
- During shift change meeting ensure all pertinent information is relayed to the next team on shift.
- Maintain a clean work environment, including all maintenance areas and job site areas, i.e. maintenance tools while on job, returning tools to proper locale after job completed, etc.
- At end of shift, ensure all tools used are returned to appropriate location.
- Ensure that OSHA, GMP’s, HACCP and SQP policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in a maintenance role
- Excellent mechanical skills with the ability to use tools and conduct repairs in timely manner
- Must be able to prioritise tasks and communicate effectively with other departments
- Excellent attitude and commitment to the role
- Strong work ethic
- Operates well in a deadline-driven manufacturing/production facility
- Team player and works well with others
- Excellent attendance record
If you think you would be a great fit for this role, please complete an application and submit a resume or feel free to drop by our facility in Brenham, TX in person to complete an application and drop off your resume. We are located at 801 Mangrum Street near Historic Downtown Brenham!