Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 60 days, a 401k matching program, Paid Vacation, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Brenham facility.
3rd Shift 11pm-7am
Wage: $20/hr – $27/hr A competitive wage based on experience and education will be discussed with successful applicants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment and takes corrective action.
- Makes necessary adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Reviews production schedule to accommodate necessary changeovers or scheduled maintenance.
- Monitors Forming machines during production hours and run cycles.
- Tests equipment following repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Schedules preventative maintenance checks.
- Communicate to production staff about recurring equipment malfunctions and provide corrective action solutions; request parts/supplies as needed.
- Support the efforts of the maintenance department by providing input of ideas and feedback to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Interact effectively with all team members as well as managers, supervisors and machine operators within other departments.
- Comply with all procedures and processes required within the functions of the maintenance department, i.e. including but not limited to the full and accurate completion of forms, checklists, inventory parts pulled/returned, etc.
- During shift change meeting ensure all pertinent information is relayed to the next team on shift.
- Maintain a clean work environment, including all maintenance areas and job site areas, i.e. maintenance tools while on job, returning tools to proper locale after job completed, etc.
- Ensure that OSHA, GMP’s, HACCP and SQF policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous experience in a maintenance role.
- Excellent mechanical skills with the ability to use tools and conduct repairs in timely manner.
- Must be able to prioritise tasks and communicate effectively with other departments.
- Excellent attitude and commitment to the role.
- Strong work ethic.
- Operates well in a deadline-driven manufacturing/production facility.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Excellent attendance record.
What will help you perform the job?
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careersand select Texas from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.