STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
Purpose of the role:
We are a growing company with stability and full-time hours. Due to our growing business, we are looking for a Maintenance Lead who can assist with developing a strong maintenance presence at our bottle decorating facility Stanpac Ink.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-3:00pm, some overtime and on-call may be required.
Wage: A competitive hourly wage based on education and experience will be discussed with successful applicants.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with Production and Engineering teams to establish long and short-term goals and lead maintenance personnel to execute on these goals
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measurement, and testing instruments to apply appropriate repairs
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management and development of parts inventory
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist with hiring and training of Maintenance personnel
Qualifications and Skills:
- Industrial Millwright Certification is required
- At least 5 years of previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment – experience in a packaging facility is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Has the ability to work within competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift
- Ability to adapt to a hot climate and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Attendance Bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online through www.stanpacnet.com/careers
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.