Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We even have our own transport company, Brockton Transportation, to ensure an over 99.9% on time delivery record! We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Brockton Team Members benefits, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With opportunities in our Brockton Transport division, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. We currently are offering two opportunities for our Brockton Transport division. We are currently seeking a full time, hourly, Long Haul AZ Driver to join our team. This opportunity pays $0.35/KM for highway work, any local work will pay $25.00/hour.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Make scheduled deliveries to clients within the food industry
- Transport product to required locations. Dock to dock, some farm locations, occasional driver assist
- Complete pre-trip inspection of truck and safely operate equipment
- Develop business relationships with clients through daily operations
- Typical lanes are Midwest (IL, WI, NE, CO)
- Runs vary week to week
- Freight is primarily empty food packaging
- Running 2019 Western Star 5700XE Tractors with Keep Trucking E Logs
- Pre-loaded outbound freight
- Significant number of reloads return to our own facilities
- Home most weekends with flexible schedule
Do you have what it takes?
- Must have an AZ licence, 3+ years’ experience is preferred
- Clean abstract and CVOR within the last 30 days
- Must be able to drive between Canada and the United States
- Must be able to effectively drive a manual transmission vehicle
- A strong customer service attitude, and enjoy interacting with various clients within the food industry
- Must have valid passport
- Insurance Letter of Experience for a minimum of the previous 3 years
- Must pass an on-road driving test and background checks (drug-testing, safety)
- Electronic logging device must be used, will train
What will help you perform the job?
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.