Jr IT Support Technician
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for a Jr. IT Support Technician to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Role:
As a part of the ITS Team, you will be responsible for delivering support to users. The target is to record incidents and resolve some of them. Those unresolved should be passed to senior team members after investigation.
Your main tasks would be:
- First/Second level support for Office software and hardware incidents. First level support for telecom and network incidents.
- First level support for incidents related to in-house applications (After appropriate training).
- Handling IT incidents and requests received via telephone, email or Help Desk application (Spiceworks).
- Incident logging through the Help Desk application and managing/prioritizing workload.
- Remote user administration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Diploma of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service training is highly desirable..
- Good technical background.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of hardware configuration.
- Good knowledge of user account administration, (Active Directory, Exchange). Knowledge of networking infrastructures.
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Experience in a critical real-time production environment. Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in an end user based environment, with a customer focused can-do attitude.
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly.
- Ability to recognize/categorize priority problems for the business and escalate where appropriate.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a pressured environment. Willing to work variable shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Completion of IT related certifications.
- Full time hours in a clean and friendly production environment
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- Company picnics, team-building and more!
- Employee Referral program ($250 Gift Card when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2-month anniversary)
- RRSP Matching up to 3% after 1 year
For those interested in applying please submit your resume and cover letter online to email@example.com
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Road, Smithville!
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.