Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as an Entry Level In House Technician is in our Parts and Service Department. This position is a Permanent Full-Time position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift; Occasional overtime as needed
Responsibilities and Duties
- Wash and clean Flex-E-Fill machine parts
- Pull parts from stock for work orders
- Record inventory counts
- Advise manager of any low or zero stock items immediately
- Return unused parts to stock
- Comply with all procedures and processes required within the function of the department
- Demonstrate and encourage team spirit within the department and other departments
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies
- Ensure work environment complies with all safety regulations; report any safety violations
- Continually seek ways to improve workflow processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience with production machinery an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience using small tools
- Experience with hydraulics and/or pneumatics is an asset
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectations to achieve total customer satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.