Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Heidelberg Printer Operator is in our Printing Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
* 12 hour rotating continental shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
Salary/Wage: dependent on experience brought with the candidate
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Oversee operation of Heidelberg press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Work effectively with other departments to maximize efficiencies and ensure safety
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to the press
- Follow all safety procedures, attend monthly safety meeting
- Comply with HACPP, SQF and GMP relating to packaging environment
- Coordinate internal service repairs or maintenance
- Coordinate outside service vendors when needed
- Complete required paperwork of Press tasks (quality checks, job set-up, etc.)
- Communicate with Heidelberg press team members to ensure press runs efficiently
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous Heidelberg press or printing experience (1-2 years)
- Good leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of 2-5 team members on a daily basis
- Ability to colour match
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble-shoot mechanical issues as they arise on the Press
- Can work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.