Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Graphic Designer/Pre-Press Technician is in our Graphics Department. This position is a Permanent Full-Time position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift
Wage: Starting at $20.00
Responsibilities and Duties
- Revise existing artwork as needed
- Review artwork for but not limited to spelling, UPC verification, template/die lines, traps, overprints, text limits, distortion, bleeding, etc.
- Interact with customer service department and printers to resolve any problems
- Demonstrate and encourage team spirit within the department and with other departments
- Interact effectively with all team members
- Provide ideas and feedback to Graphics manager
- Create/design new packaging artwork including but not limited to files, digital proofs, etc for Flexo, Lithograph, and Screen Printing
- Key Player in training future new team members on equipment set-up and basic troubleshooting
- Support team members to deliver expected business results
- Perform additional duties as required
- Lead/and or participate in process improvement initiatives.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Graphic Design Program completion, or similar
- Working knowledge/experience of art room and/plate room
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator plus other industry standard applications
- Working knowledge of Mac computers
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when in doubt
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good team player
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
How Do I Apply?
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.