STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years! Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirits markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging!”
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for a Graphics/Pre-press Technician to join our team in our Brenham facility.
JOB TITLE: Graphics/Pre-Press Technician
PURPOSE: Creating and modifying files for Flexographic printing.
This position can be performed remotely. However, candidates must have the ability to travel to our location in Brenham when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Prepare final files for printing following necessary workflow for flexographic or digital printing processes
- Use design software to assemble or revise required graphics and text components for proofing and plating based on customer specifications
- Apply color management expertise for proofing, platemaking, printing and color standards
- Works with ESKO prepress automation software for flexographic printing
- Assist the production team in troubleshooting printability or quality issues
- Perform necessary maintenance on plate processors or place service calls as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years experience with graphic prepress knowledge (preferably from a high quality printing facility)
- Requires advanced experience with ESKO workflows (Color Pilot, Press Sync Pilot)
- Understands printing techniques (trapping, spot color separations)
- Advanced knowledge of graphic software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced skills in Flexographic printing as well as converting lithographic files to Flexographic
- Ability to fingerprint press and create dot gain compensation curves.
- Understands the printing process and the requirements of platemaking, mounting and the Printing Departments needs
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online to jobsUSA@stanpacnet.com
Come on in and see us directly at 801 Mangrum St, Brenham, Texas
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.