Fusion Printer Operator
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Fusion Printer Operator to join our team.
Purpose of the Role: To support the requirements of the print department and ensure client needs are met to satisfaction.
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 2nd shift (7PM-7AM)
Wage: Determined based on education and experience
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Operate flexo press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Perform all required duties and checks as outlined on Changeover Checklists to prevent a product mix.
- Assist in trouble shooting operational equipment in his/her area.
- Required to attend meetings as requested.
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Secure materials needed to run machine
- Work effectively with other departments to maximize efficiencies and ensure safety
- Scan barcode prior to running print job and use computer to print label for finished goods material
- Follow all safety procedures, attend monthly safety meeting
- Comply with HACPP, SQF and GMP relating to packaging environment
- General housekeeping for work area
- Complete required paperwork of Press tasks (quality checks, job set-up, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous flexo press Printing experience (1-2 years)
- Ability to colour match
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble-shoot mechanical issues as they arise on the Press
- Ability to move large rolls of paper and load onto press
- Can work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs.
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 801 Mangrum St in Brenham, Texas
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.