STANPAC is a dynamic company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in New Jersey and Canada, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for a Forklift Operator / Back up Local Driver to join our team in Brenham. The successful hire for this position will work approximately 80% of their time in the Warehouse and 20% as a Driver. Please see Job Requirements for required licenses.
Shift: 7am-3pm Mon-Fri
Wage: Up to $21/hr based on experience and qualifications
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assure raw materials, WIP and finished goods are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition as per established work instructions
- Perform inventory counts, order materials and arrange shipments as required
- Pick, stage and load orders, and arrange for proper paper work completion
- Support other departments (Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Shipping, Parts, Brockton, etc.) as necessary
- Maintain excellent safety and quality records
- Contribute to an atmosphere of continuous improvement in all areas, focusing on safety, quality and production efficiencies, both within the Logistics Department and Stanpac as a whole
Brockton Driver (20%)
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over local routesWork with Stanpac Shipping and Customs Clerk to plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goodsPerform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals and brakes.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Maintain log books
- Required to attend meetings as requested.
- If necessary perform emergency roadside repairs
- Responsible for general housekeeping of their truck
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with all Stanpac policies
- Current forklift certification is preferred to complete warehouse duties
- Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) required to complete driver duties
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience is required for this position
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift (up to 50lbs), sometimes for long periods of time
- Ability to wear PPE when working in the plant. Hairnets, ear protection, etc.
- Full time hours in a clean and friendly production environment
- Health Insurance
- Company picnics, team-building and more!
For those interested in applying please submit your resume and cover letter online
Come on in and see us directly at 801 Mangrum Street, Brenham, TX 77833
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.