Field Service Technician
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years! Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirits markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging!”
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for a Service Technician to join our team.
Shifts: Days, 7-3:30pm, MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO TRAVEL
Job Type: Full Time
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build, install, maintain and repair ice cream filling equipment
- Ensure equipment in the field is running at its highest efficiency
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix customer issues with filling equipment
- Conduct cleaning responsibilities as needed
- Focusing on working safely
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous maintenance experience with production machinery an asset
- Experience with mechanics, pneumatics and basic welding is an asset
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectation to achieve total customer satisfaction
- If you do not have experience at work. Explain what types of things you fix, cars, mechanical etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SolidWorks or AutoCad an asset
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout Canada, United States, and Caribbean**
- Must have own hand tools
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
We Need Individuals Who:
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Have excellent mechanical trouble-shooting skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can work well under pressure
- Must be a self motivated individual with exceptional teamwork skills
- Proven track record of good attendance, reliability and positive attitude
- Enjoy Smiling
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.