Entry Level Die Cut
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years! Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirits markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging!”
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for Entry Level Die Cut Operators to join our team.
Shifts: Rotating Shifts (Midnights Sunday – Thursday, 11PM-7AM; Afternoons Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM; Days Monday – Friday 7AM-3PM) – the shift could potentially change to 12 hour continental rotations in the future. The ideal candidate would be open to either shift option.
Job Type: Full time
Wage: $17.00/hour with room to grow
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsible for the performance of machine tasks in the setup, maintenance and operation of die-cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and determine where adjustments are needed
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment
- Maintain records of daily production
- Sheet feeding and alignment
- Performs quality checks
- Complete product changeovers and associated tool/die changes
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with relievers and lead hands
- Previous Bobst operator experience working in a production/manufacturing environment
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Great attendance is a must
- Some previous demonstrated mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Rd. in Smithville
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.