Bottle Decorating Lead Hand
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for a Bottle Decorating Lead Hand to join our team.
Shift: 12 Hour Continental Rotating Shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the tasks performed by the production staff on shift to ensure shift’s targets are met
- Provide ongoing support to ensure team members acquire the skills and knowledge needed to do their job efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate and encourage team spirit within the department and with other departments
- Ensure team members have the tools needed to perform their job function
- Communicate any quality issues with management
- Ensure production tea maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Ensure all team members are in compliance with safety policies
- Complete all necessary checklists
- Direct loading/unloading crew in product preparation, cleaning and relocating alternate work areas as needed
- Tag all finished goods
- Provide new ideas and feedback to production manager
- Continually seek ways to improve production processes
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma
- At least 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to use computer programs
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift 30 – 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, heat, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
For those interested in applying please submit your resume online
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are good people who make great packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.